Thursday

The Banksy/Robbo feud


Everyone's talking about this story:


Thing is, I'm not sure what I think of it--I mean, it was pretty rude of Banksy to paint over Robbo's art but on the other hand what the whole thing ended up creating was a really really cool bit of art(once Robbo had his final word on it!) and also of wit, it really made art feel alive and not something static and hushed like it was in a museum or something. So I veer between thinking, cool, it's really exciting stuff, to thinking, hey, you shouldn't ever do that to someone else's art and not quite making up my mind.
Anyway what's great is it's got everyone not only in london but all over the world(at least people who are interested in the subject!) talking about street art, what it is, what it means, how different it is from gallery art etc. And I think that can only be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment